Experienced, multi award-winning veteran Copy pro with a market-proven passion for reaching customers, anticipating their needs, and presenting your company's products and/or services as the solution that best meets them.
Content Director, Riseable Media, Milwaukee, WI - 2019 - Present
• Responsible for direction and creation of content (emails, newsletters, web copy, landing pages, etc.) at a fast-paced and fast-growing agency.
• Reached combined mailing lists of more than 35,000 of our clients' customers, consistently achieving open rates of between 40% - 50%.
• Executed a funnel campaign that exceeded a client's single-day Black Friday sales goal by more than 150%.
Creative Copywriter, Credit Sesame, Mountain View, CA - 2019
• Conceived and created multiple pieces of high-engagement advertising and marketing collateral, including segmentation/persona outlines, UI/UX, website copy, press releases, and content/social posts.
Senior Copywriter, Rabinovici + Associates, Miami, FL - 2018
• Crafted compelling, concise B2B content (landing pages, brochures, video scripts, etc.) For clients such as Hewlett-Packard, Citrix, Motorola, and Zebra Technologies.
Senior Copywriter, Capital One, Richmond, VA - 2017-2018
• Created customer-facing direct mail, email, content marketing, UI/UX, newsletter, and fraud/risk communications for the household-name banking giant.
• Lead copywriter on branding guidebook for "Mainstreet," Capital One's oldest and most well-established line of business (called "groundbreaking," and "a new standard" by Sr. VP of Creative).
• Co-lead writer on operational disaster response playbook outlining company-wide response best practices for natural weather disasters, service outages, and other crisis situations.
• Wrote and published several content-marketing articles on both Capital One's company blog, and affiliate page at Forbes.com, achieving engagement metrics in the tens of thousands.
• Crafted UI/UX writing for online applications such as upgrade processes, payment systems, and CreditWise credit monitoring mobile app.
• Backfill specialist supporting several teams, creating a wide variety of content for in-house, and customer-facing marketing channels.
Lead Copywriter, Braintrust Agency, Las Vegas, NV - 2015-2016
• Crafted original, creatively compelling sales and marketing copy for local and national entertainment, government, gaming and hospitality clients (including - Marriott Hotels, Bon Appétit, Wolfgang Puck, M&M/MARS Brands, NASCAR, Wayne Newton Enterprises, The Venetian/Palazzo, Swarovski, and the Regional Transportation Commission).
• Sample ROI numbers: 95% increases in website traffic, doubled revenue and 23,000% bumps in social media traffic.
• Crafted unique client voice in a variety of media including: billboards, print, television, radio, web banners, direct mail, website content, email marketing, trade publications, and more.
• Excellent results in corporate branding, including concepting, literature, style books, and brand guidelines.
• Collaborated closely with Account team, Design, Digital, and Managing Partners in full-service agency environment.
• Won several industry awards with Creative team.
Freelance Copywriter/Editor/Proofreader, CopyByJim.com - 2013–Present
• Worked with local and national clients as a freelance copywriter, content creator, and marketing professional.
• Created web content, e-mail marketing, direct-mail work, social media material, branding and SEO.
• Comfort within several different stylebooks, as well as fluency in creative/client relationships.
• Versatility of voice; ability to adapt to a variety of situations, goods, services, and deliverables.
Marketing Copywriter, Kim Lighting/AAL Lighting, City of Industry, CA - 2013
• Created persuasive sales and product copy for two separate brands of outdoor lighting product families.
• Wrote, proofed, and/or edited all company memos, press releases, and P.R. materials.
• Created compelling social media content (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest).
• Wrote, edited and proofed catalogs, brochures, sales sheets, and spec sheets.
• Part of a team that won several awards from industry publications for excellence in marketing.
Copywriter II, The Sportsman's Guide, South St. Paul, MN - 2007–2012
• Achieved consistent high quality and weekly volume goals writing direct-mail print and web sales copy.
• Created award-winning short-form video scripts for web-based product presentations.
• Collaborated closely with Management, Desktop Artists, Merchandising, Photo, Editing and Videographers.
• Maintained 100% on-time completion record for Creative Department.
• Awarded parent company’s annual “Excel” citation, given for excellence in video production.
• Recipient of several peer-awarded “Above and Beyond” citations for exceptional project assistance.
• Recipient of special interdepartmental citation for Outstanding Achievement in Social Media Goals.
Marketing Copywriter, Target/Compass Productions, Minneapolis, MN - 2010–2011
• Led brainstorming sessions concerning new products and product lines to be brought to market.
• Created persuasive, sales-focused packaging copy for national retail client.
• Led branding efforts, and ideation of new products.
• Created high-impact “burst” copy for promotional packaging labels.
• Consistently met deadlines, and exceeded quality expectations.
Director of Creative and Web, Wall to Wall Media, Edina, MN - 2007
• Created and maintained look, feel and content of all company websites.
• Lead on all branding concepts for both client and end-user presentations.
• Designed, wrote and produced all product copy and packaging.
• Created website, promotional, and presentation copy for entire product line.
• Concepted, laid out, and composed instructional and interdepartmental literature.
• Designed building signage, logos, letterhead, and business cards for all personnel.
• Created sound, graphic, scripting and video elements for nationally-syndicated HD programming.
Special Project Marketing Copywriter, Tribune Media Services, Glendale, WI - 2006–2007
• Created well-received original direct-mail marketing concepts.
• Wrote advertising copy relating to cable, internet, and digital telephone package-service bundles.
Custom Marketing Specialist, Briggs & Stratton, Menomonee Falls, WI - 2005
• Designed, laid out, and created copy for pilot line of variable-data vendor marketing materials.
• Oversaw large-run printing and print press products.
• Proofed, copy edited, and wrote/edited instructional manuals, brochures and product literature.
Content Writer, Dateline NBC/Perverted-Justice.com, Portland, OR - 2003–2007
• Contributed significant design/layout elements, as well as substantial original written content to heavily-trafficked, nationally-recognized, anti-child predator watchdog website with wide national media presence.
• Consultant/contributor to Dateline NBC’s “To Catch a Predator” investigative television series.
• Created, designed, and marketed extensive line of high-volume-selling site-related merchandise (including t-shirts, baseball caps, and personal accessories).
• Worked closely with local, state, and federal law enforcement entities, as well as local and national media outlets to provide evidence, consultation, content and court testimony for criminal child abuse, endangerment, and/or solicitation cases.
Creative Assistant, Country Maid Salads, Milwaukee, WI - 2001–2005
• Designed and printed high-volume runs of mass-marketed retail food product packaging.
• Created design, layout and copy elements for marketing and advertising of entire product line.
• Maintained/updated coding and design elements of company website.
• Conceived, designed, and implemented trade show/expo displays.
• Assumed responsibility for extensive product photography.
• Produced inter-departmental literature, building displays, memos, and signage.
• Del Harvey, V.P. of Trust and Safety, Twitter.com:
Phone: (415) 222-9670
• Ryan Myers, Lead Copywriter, GoDaddy:
Mobile: (630) 569-1027
• Dave Wertheimer, Photojournalist/Editor, CBS:
Mobile: (612) 616-6081
• Derek Weishaupt, Associate Creative Director, Caesars Entertainment:
Phone: (702) 416-6859
• Ashley Aradas, Senior Graphic Designer, Braintrust Agency:
Phone: (702) 862-4242
• Tatum Fjerstad, Copywriter:
Phone: (212) 766-8040